Jennifer MacNaughton @artandrhinos 4h Is having tiramisu for dinner!
Then, a few minutes later I get the notification of a mention. This always perks up my interest since I rarely get retweets and mentions, so I check it out and this is what I find-
Rib Crib Lakeland @RibCribLakeland 4h @artandrhinos artandrhinos Craving some bbq? need catering? Let Rib Crib Of Lakeland help you out with that! http://www.ribcrib.com
8:10 PM - 10 May 13 · Details
I checked, the Rib Crib of Lakeland does not follow me on twitter. So, um, apparently I mention food of some sort in the general area of mid Florida and they send a tweet my way about tasty BBQ? I checked their twitter feed and other words that seem to trigger their "Craving some bbq? need catering?" response are:
- Late night dinner out to eat with the girls
- TONIGHT: KBBQ #1 will be at @FoodTruckBazaar in CASSELBERRY - (95 Triplet Lake Dr) from 6-9PM
- looks like i've to buy dinner for myself since bro isn't replying me
- Learning how to run errands on my lunch hour like a grown up
- Im more attracted to personality honestly, but you cant be no chicken head. [I'm not sure this is a food reference RibCrib, but nice try.]
- Broadway Deli & Cafe Breakfast Specials Fresh Squeezed Local Orange Juice Latte's, Cappuccino’s *Avocado Chicken. [No, really RibCrib, this is another restaurant advertising. I seriously doubt they are craving bbq.]
- Chocolate linguini dessert for dinner, Step 1: wash the organic berries. [Not sure you're gonna get this one as a customer RibCrib.]
- [New Mixtape] @Hankadonl5 "No Pork" Available on Itunes [No, just no. Not even in the same ballpark, RibCrib.]
- if Jack had made that three, the Nuggets would have been as done as the chicken nuggets that i had for lunch. [Sports reference, move along.]
- There's an elbow or foot in my ribs....ouchy [Not sure the baby's quite ready for BBQ yet, a little early on this one RibCrib.]
- Sooo uhm I love it when a waitress spills BBQ sauce down the side of my shirt before I have to get on a plane [AH! Here you go RibCrib, this person definitely eats BBQ and might be dissatisfied with their last BBQ restaurant choice.]
And my favorite because someone actually called them on their Florida+food mention = automatic tweet bot
edison:food+drinklab @krystinolinski We sure hope you enjoyed your birthday lunch!
Rib Crib Lakeland @RibCribLakeland 18 Apr @edisonfooddrink edisonfooddrink Craving some bbq? need catering? Let Rib Crib Of Lakeland help you out with that! http://www.ribcrib.com
@edisonfooddrink 18 Apr @RibCribLakeland Hey, you know we're a restaurant, right? :-)
/sigh. RibCribLakeland, you're persistent, I'll give you that and you have a very aggressive social media guru. But you responded to at least 5 different restaurants in the area, plus all of the other mentions, I don't really feel that special and am not super inclined to visit your restaurant. I'm tempted to see if I mention food again if you'll send another tweet my way. I'm sure it's an automated thing...or at least I hope it is. If not...you might need a new social media guru.
...or you might need one already.
p.s. yes, I really did have Tiramisu for dinner. It was THAT kind of day and it was tasty.