Though, a small chance remains in that the Donmar releases tickets every Monday at 10 am (5 am for me) for the showings two weeks from then. So, the last two weeks I have attempted to get tickets...with no success. I only have one more week to try for in terms of time I have available to go to London. Flight prices are holding steady so I'm hopeful for my last chance. If not, I can still see the live broadcast in a theatre here in the states. If anyone is seeing the showing in Vero, FL let me know, we can meet up and celebrate Shakespeare!
And, in the spirit of things, here was my reaction to failing to get tickets this past Monday:
“Let it be virtuous to be obstinate.”
― William Shakespeare, Coriolanus
And I would have it be marked, chance number 2 for tickets to Coriolanus has passed without success, though not for want of trying, nor for lack of friends' assistance, for which I am exceedingly thankful. Having checked the cost of those swift wings needed to bear me hence and seeing the smiling openness of my coming days, it is discovered that I have 1 week more for which I can endeavor, and thus I must. The idea, and desire, sits in my brain like an itch and I will have it assuaged, either upon the rocks of failure thrice thrown or in glorious, and cold, footsteps upon a distant shore.