Got that? great, moving on....
Note: I was guided and GREATLY assisted in this project by my wonderful professional seamstress/costumer extraordinaire Regina. She is awesome and this costume would not have happened without her. (Follow her at @Wyldehills on twitter)
We started with the circlet piece that became the base of the helm. I cut two strips measured to fit around my head, heated them in boiling water and then once heated the strips adhered to themselves.
I shaped the front to have a little point as a fun accent. Here is a pic of me and Maddie, my Thor "brother" in this costuming adventure. She too used wonderflex and shaped wings to attach as her interpretation of Thor's helm. Follow her costuming adventure at her blog - Not Another Geek Girl